Undergraduate Program in RPTA
At Sacramento State, we're proud that our undergraduate program is the oldest NRPA accredited recreation program in the state of California! The Bachelor of Science in Recreation Administration allows students to choose from two distinct degree concentrations:
(1) Recreation and Park Management - Students in this degree concentration follow a set of core courses, and then add electives in one of three areas:
- Commercial Recreation, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Community Recreation Management
- Park and Recreation Resource Management (formerly called Outdoor Recreation Management)
(2) Recreation Therapy - In this concentration area, students follow a more rigidly designed academic path to meet certification requirements.
For a listing of all core courses, supportive courses and other degree requirements for both concentrations, visit the online university catalog for RPTA.