Graduate Program in RPTA
The Master's Program
Welcome! Since 1964, The Department has been proud to offer a challenging and flexible Master's Degree Program in RPTA.
The Master's Program in RPTA is a regional collaboration with the wonderful faculty at two other California State University graduate programs in recreation, parks, and tourism; San Francisco State University (RPT) and Chico State University (RECR). In this way, students have the best of three worlds!
- The core classes in this program are taught using both synchronous online and in-person class sessions.
- For a full-time student, the in-person sessions include an extended weekend (three-day) at the beginning of the semester and one day at then end of the semester.
- For all other synchronous online sessions, you will just need a computer with a high-speed internet connection, video camera, microphone, and speakers.
- Unlike some other programs, the online sessions are synchronous so that students and faculty can interact in real time.
We are very excited about this new and unique program and we are confident that students will enjoy having the expertise of faculty from three different university settings. To learn more about the program and see course offerings by semester, please visit the following link: http://recdept.sfsu.edu/graduate/curriculum
Now accepting applications for fall 2017! (Please contact Dr. Pinch if you have questions.)
Applying to the Program:
Students applying to the program should be aware that graduate programs require that you apply to the Office of Graduate Studies and separately to The Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism Administration. Graduate Studies often has different deadlines and requirements from the departments. Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website for deadlines.
When applying to the department, please send your Personal Statement, Letters of Recommendations, Unofficial Transcripts (these are separate items from what Graduate Studies requires) by mail to the following address:
ATTN: Graduate Coordinator
Department of Recreation, Parks & Tourism Administration
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street, Solano Hall 4000
Sacramento, CA 95819
Please note ...
- The graduate program now accepts students for both fall and spring.
- Students must complete the graduate program with one of three culminating experience options: thesis, project or comprehensive examination.
- The Graduate Manual and related forms can be found on the Forms Page of the department website. Please download a copy for yourself.
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Katherine Pinch (Graduate Coordinator)
- Hey Grads! Check out the Recreation Majors Association (RMA) on Facebook!