Nutrition consultations include nutritional assessment, counseling, education and follow up (if needed) with a registered dietitian. Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of nutrition related health issues:
- Eating Disorders
- Digestive Problems
- Food Allergies or Intolerances
- Health Eating & Meal Planning
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol/Triglycerides
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegetarian/Vegan Diets
- Weight Management
- Other Nutritional Concerns
- Call Health & Wellness Promotion at 916-278-5422.
- Drop-in on the first floor of The WELL, Room 1011.
- Ask your Student Health & Counseling Services provider for a referral
- Shauna Schultz, RD, 916-278-6038 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health & Wellness Promotion 916-278-5422.
Diet analysis appointments are available for students who are interested in evaluating or improving their diets. A diet analysis will help you:
- Assess, monitor and modify your diet as needed
- Ensure your nutritional needs are being met
- Optimize your diet to enhance your personal health goals
- Evaluate your meal planning
All diet analysis appointments include a one-on-one meeting with a trained peer health educator. They will help you navigate your diet analysis results and answer any general questions you might have. You will also receive educational resources on nutrition and healthy eating and referrals to professional staff as needed.
Diet analysis forms can be picked up in Health and Wellness Promotion on the first floor of The Well (Room 1011). Completed forms should be returned to Health and Wellness Promotion and during that time, an appointment will be made to review results.
If you are a faculty member interested in using diet analysis as part of your class, please contact Shauna Schultz, RD at 916-278-6038 or email@example.com.
SUCCEED is a 10-week weight management program offered every Spring. Our team of professional staff and peer health educators can help you achieve a healthy weight through sound advice and dedication! Here is just a glimpse of what the program has to offer:
- Nutrition assessment with a registered dietitian
- Diet analysis
- Cooking demonstrations
- Group nutrition classes
- Weekly meetings with trained peer health educators
- Wellness booklet and packet filled with recipes, meal ideas and other tips and tools
- Nutrition goal setting
- Incentives for participation
How to sign up:
- Recruitment begins in December. If interested, please leave your name and contact information with us. We will contact you to discuss program details and eligibility; OR
- Call 916-278-5422; and in-person by stopping at the Health and Wellness Promotion inside The Well.
Join us and learn how to cook food that is healthy, delicious and easy to prepare. Our classes are designed with the busy college student in mind and cover a wide variety of cooking styles.
We offer free Cooking Demonstrations for students during Fall and Spring semesters.
All cooking demonstrations take place in The Cove on the first floor of The Well and include recipe demonstration and samples. Class size is limited – stop by Health and Wellness Promotion or call 916-278-5422 to reserve a space!
Interactive Educational Presentations
Nutrition presentations are available upon request and include a wide variety of topics. Click here to Submit an online request.
Body Image & Eating Disorders Resources
|The National Eating Disorders Association||www.nationaleatingdisorders.org|
Cooking and Recipes
|Whole Foods Market||www.wholefoods.com|
Diet Analysis Tools
Fast Food & Restaurant Nutrition Facts
Most chain restaurants have nutrition information on their websites, so check out your favorite restaurants!
|Healthy Dining Finder||www.healthydiningfinder.com|
Nutrition & Health Organizations
|American Cancer Society||www.cancer.org|
|American Diabetes Association||www.diabetes.org|
|Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics||www.eatright.org|
|American Heart Association||www.americanheart.org|
|Appetite for Health||www.appforhealth.com|
|Center for Science in the Public Interest||www.cspinet.org|
|Eat Well Guide||www.eatwellguide.org|
|Food & Health||www.foodandhealth.com|
|Vegetarian Resource Group||www.vrg.org/index.htm|
|Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine||www.pcrm.org|
- All Recipes Dinner Spinner
- My Fitness Pal
- Lose It
- Snack App
- EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry
- Spark People Mobile & Spark Recipes Mobile
- My Tracks