Student Health Services offers a wide range of services tailored to the unique needs of college students including:
- Acute illness and injury treatment (non-work related) Worker's Compensation Fact Sheet
- Ongoing treatment for some common chronic medical conditions (such as asthma, hypertension, hypothyroid)
- Treatment of some common mental health issues (such as anxiety and depression) in conjunction with our counseling services
- Birth control methods and supplies
- HIV testing
- STI (sexually transmitted infection) testing and treatment
- Women's Health Exams (includes Pap smear, STI testing, breast exam, limited physical exam and contraceptive management)
- Physical exams required for various programs, call for an appointment
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Wart and other minor skin lesion removal
- Vaccinations and Tuberculosis skin testing
Online Appointment Scheduling
Same Day appointments should be scheduled for problems that are not an emergency but need attention quickly such as:
- Sexual Health problems (e.g. symptomatic STI evaluation and treatment, bladder infections, Emergency Contraception “morning after pill)
- Acute medical illnesses ( ear aches, coughs, sore throats, diarrhea, etc)
- Orthopedic injuries
Routine Appointments can be made for a variety of services including:
- Women’s Health Exams
- Male Exams
- Contraception refills
- Repeat Pap smears
- Primary Care visits for new or on-going medical concerns and minor orthopedic conditions
- Immunizations and TB screening
To make an appointment for these visits please logon to the Patient Web Portal.
If you require a same day appointment for an urgent symptom, and you are unable to make an appointment online, please call Student Health Services at (916) 278-6461 to speak to a triage nurse.
Important: If you think you have medical or psychiatric emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. Do not attempt to access emergency care through this website. Learn more about what a medical or psychiatric emergency is.
These are medical exams required for class participation, DMV, employment, international travel, programs, sports participation, etc. They are done on an appointment basis and for a nominal fee. Please call 916.278.6461 for pricing or to schedule an appointment. Please note availability for the appointments at certain times may be limited.
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6461
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.