Health & Wellness Promotion Outreach Presentations Page Content
Fall 2012-Spring 2013
Student Health & Counseling, Health & Wellness Promotion Department offers a wide variety of educational presentations from the Alcohol & Violence, Active Minds, Nutrition, and Sexuality & Reproductive Health Programs. Presentations include:
- Alcohol Jeopardy - Presentation includes information about alcohol and drugs in a “game show” environment.
- Stress Management - Learn simple techniques to manage stress and sleep issues that college students face. Learn how to balance family obligations, academic obligations, job and friends in a healthy manner.
- Sexual Health Jeopardy - Presentation focuses on birth control information, sexually transmitted disease awareness, and healthy sexuality.
- Healthy Relationships - Presentation discusses healthy dating relationships and also educates about intimate partner violence.
- Alcohol & The Body - Presentation focuses on the effects alcohol has on the body as it related to studying, sports performance and sleeping.
- Sexual Assault 101 - Presentation discusses sexual assault in acquaintance situations, as well as establishing bystander intervention strategies to keep our fellow students safe.
- Food & Mood - Presentation discusses how your mood affects your food choices and vice versa. Gives strategies on healthy eating and emotional wellness.
- Tobacco Jeopardy - Information on tobacco and tobacco products (chew, hooka, etc) and their health implications in a game-show format.
- Safer Sex - Presentation on sexually transmitted infections and how to prevent them. Also included is how to talk to your partner about sexual histories and sexually transmitted infection issues.
Nutrition Jeopardy - information on diet and nutrition in a game-show format.
Healthy Eating on Campus - Review of healthy items sold at eateries on campus as well as ways to bring healthy meals and snacks with you to campus.
Healthy Meal Planning – Learn all about quick and healthy meal planning on a college budget.
- Sports Nutrition – Basic overview of nutrition needs for the active person as well as pre and post exercise nutrition tips.
If you have a specific educational need we can create or tailor a presentation for your class or group.To request a presentation please call the Health & Wellness Promotion Department office at 916-278-5422 or email Kalyn Coppedge at email@example.com.