Homecoming Theme and Design Contest
Calling all Hornets! The Office of University Advancement and the Sacramento State Alumni Association are excited to launch the 2014 homecoming theme and design contest. We encourage alumni, students, faculty, and staff to use their creativity and school spirit to develop a theme and logo that showcases Hornet pride!
The winning entry will be incorporated into various Homecoming publications around campus as well as displayed on homecoming promotional materials. Homecoming week is October 13-19, 2014. The Hornets will take on the Cal Poly Mustangs in the big game on Saturday, October 18.
The person with the winning theme will win a free entry for our annual golf cart parade (includes free golf cart rental and $75 to use towards decorations), a $50 gift card to the Hornet Bookstore and a gift basket full of Sac State goodies. All entries will receive a homecoming 2014 t-shirt for participating.
Click HERE to submit your winning design by email!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, MAY 5, 2014.
- Must include the words “Sacramento State” or “Sac State”
- Must use the official university colors of green and gold (other colors may be used in addition) For official university branding information click here.
- Content must be respectful, appropriate, and reflect the spirit of Sacramento State.
- All submissions must include at least one logo and one tagline that represents the spirit of Sacramento State. The Homecoming Committee has the right to eliminate any entries that do not follow the stated requirements.
- All entries must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, May 5. No submissions past deadline will be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted electronically as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acceptable design formats are: Adobe Acrobat (.PDF), Adobe Indesign (.INDD), Adobe illustrator (.AI), Adobe Photoshop (.PSD). You may include a brief explanation of your idea for support.
- The top 3 submissions will be selected by the homecoming committee, will be posted online, and the campus community (faculty, staff, students, alumni) will vote for the winning design.
- Any and all submissions become the property of University Advancement. All submissions authorize Sacramento State to use, alter, and/or adjust their artwork as needed.