Offering various and diverse living and learning experiences, the Office of Housing and Residential Life is an integral part of the educational mission of Sacramento State. As such, Housing and Residential Life strives to create a welcoming and stimulating environment that prompts students to participate in co-curricular activities that promote life and leadership skills, social responsibility, and academic success.
- Provide affordable, comfortable, clean, and well maintained facilities enabling students to achieve their curricular and co-curricular goals
- Create opportunities to develop life and leadership skills, while fostering the values of civility, global citizenship and social responsibility
- Utilize efficient administrative and fiscal management that is cost effective
- Build an environment that promotes understanding and nurtures the value and the celebration of human difference
- Offer technology services and products that support student learning and staff work environments
Integrity: Dedicated to conducting the Housing and Residential Life operation in an honest, ethical and trustworthy manner. Leading with courage, accountability; positive role modeling.
Quality Customer Service: Committed to excellence in serving customers. Committed to the quality of programs for students, and partnership with the people of the region.
Teamwork: Work collaboratively to provide a positive, caring environment; where staff take pride in the quality of their work.
Professionalism: Being accountable for ethical conduct that reflects positively on the University, the department, coworkers, and yourself.
Innovation: Committed to continuous improvement in the quality of the residential experience shaping the future with an increasingly global perspective.
Respect: Highest regard for the worth and rights of others including respect for their ideas, values and contributions.