Mission and Goals
Housing and Residential Life Mission and Goals
Offering various and diverse living and learning experiences, the Housing and Residential Life Office is an integral part of the educational mission of Sacramento State. As such, the office strives to create a welcoming and stimulating environment that prompts students to participate in co-curricular activities which promote life and leadership skills, social responsibility, and academic success.
- Provide affordable, comfortable, clean, and well-maintained facilities supporting students toward their curricular and co-curricular goals
- Create opportunities for students to develop life and leadership skills, while fostering the values of civility, global citizenship and social responsibility
- Utilize efficient, cost-effective administrative and fiscal management
- Build an environment that promotes understanding, and nurtures and celebrates the value of human difference
- Offer technology services and products that support student learning and staff work environments
HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE STAFF Housing and Residential Life is committed to carrying out the mission and goals of the department. The Housing and Residential Life program is divided into the following areas: Housing, Residential Life, Facilities Operations, Conference Services, and Administrative Operations. Dining Commons staff is employed by a campus partner, University Enterprises, Inc.
The administrative offices for Housing and Residential Life are located in Sierra Hall.
Dining Commons staff offices are located in the Dining Commons.
Executive DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE The Executive Director is the chief administrator responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and leadership of on-campus housing programs. Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Executive Director in the Housing and Residential Life Office in Sierra Hall.
DIRECTOR of Housing The Director oversees the day-to-day operation of Housing, Conferences, Marketing, and Technology.. Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Director of Housing in Sierra Hall.
Senior ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR of Residential Life The Senior Associate Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the residence halls including the selection, supervision and development of all Residence Life Staff including (Residence Life Coordinators, Assistant Director of Programming, Training and Academic Success, Coordinator of Residence Hall Conduct, Graduate Student Assistants, Resident Advisors and Desk Attendants).Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Senior Associate Director in the Housing and Residential Life Office in Sierra Hall.