Returning Resident Housing Application Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Home Is Where the Hornets Are!
February 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM (PST)
Returning Resident Housing Application
- $250 application installment payment to be eligible for housing. This payment is due by February 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM to receive priority status.
- 2017-18 Payment Schedule
- Meal Plan Options
To Receive Returner Priority Status:
- Submit online application by February 13, 2017 12:00 PM (Noon).
- Submit $250 Application Installment payment by February 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
- If under the age of 18, your parent or guardian will need to complete the electronic signature process as well. Before you submit your online housing application, you will provide information that will generate an automatic email and link that will go directly to your parent/guardian's email that you provided. Your parent/guardian will need to click on the link and electroically sign the license agreement. Once this is completed by your parent/guardian, you will receive a notification email to log into your housing application to finalize and electronically submit your application. This appliation must be submitted by February 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM (Noon).
How to log in to the online application portal
- Click HERE to apply for housing.
Housing Application Timeline 2017-2018
The Priority Housing Application Process for current residents who wish to return and live on campus again next academic year begins February 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM. “Returner Priority” allows residents to select a room space. In addition, residents with this priority status will be guaranteed housing.
The Priority Housing Application Period for current residents ends at 12:00 PM (Noon), February 13, 2017. The $250 application installment must also be paid by 11:59 PM on February 13, 2017. Current residents may still apply and/or pay application fee after this deadline, but no longer have guaranteed housing or priority status.
Same Room Signup: Returning Residents with Priority Status that are currently living in the American River Courtyard are able to select their same room for next year.
Returning Residents with Priority Status are able to select a room space within the American River Courtyard or Riverview Hall. Specific details about room selection will be provided to residents before room selection begins.
Cancellation Deadline: Students wishing to cancel their housing application may do so for any reason up to June 23, 2017, by submitting their cancellation request through the housing application site. A $250 cancellation fee will apply.
If requesting to cancel after the June 23 deadline, a Cancellation Request Form along with written documentation meeting the published cancellation criteria must be submitted to the Housing Office. Request is subject to approval. If approved, a $250 cancellation fee will apply, plus applicable prorated rent from the required 30 day notice period. If not approved, student will remain obligated to their Housing License Agreement for the 2017-2018.
Room swap process occurs. Enables students to swap assigned room spaces with another eligible resident.
Move In Day!
Fall classes begin
First Housing Installment is due.
Housing Status Definitions
Pending: Applicant has submitted an application, but application installment payment submission is not yet verified.
Application Completed: The application is considered complete when the following has occurred: Application has been submitted; the application installment payment has been verified; and if applicable, the parent/guardian has completed the electronic signature.
Confirmation Eligible: Application is completed. Housing staff is assessing space availability to determine if applicant can be confirmed or will be placed on a wait list.
Confirmed: Application is completed. Space is available and student has housing on campus.
Wait List: Application is completed. Space is not available at this time. Applicant will be notified by Housing as soon as space becomes available.