ResLink help Desk is provided to all residence hall students to assist them with their laptop and desktop computer networking related issues.
A resident student can submit a ticket. Additionally the Help Desk offers informational sessions on a number of technology related topics regarding how to get connected to both the wired and wireless networks, ways to protect your computer from viruses and spyware, and other computer related resources available on campus.
The Help Desk is located in the Housing and Residential Life Office of Sierra Hall. Further questions regarding the Help Desk should be directed to (916) 278-2555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResLink Data Service
Welcome to the ResLink website, your starting point for information and help for the Residence Halls networks. The links on the left will take you to the information pages for using the ResLink and SacLink networks, where to get free software and other information helping you be successful here at Sac State.
What is ResLink Data Service?
ResLink allows high-speed wired and wireless Internet connectivity and access to campus network resources by a direct Ethernet connection or wireless network card.
- High-speed data access (Up to 100 Mbps wired, and up to 54 Mbps wireless) to University and Internet resources.
- Wired connectivity available to each bed space in all residence halls.
- Wireless connectivity in first floor study rooms, recreation rooms, and surrounding public areas in all residence halls.
- Direct access to University computing resources such as online courses through WebCT, Sacramento State Library's databases, and My Sac State.
- Direct access to a student's SacLink account to send/receive email and set up a personal webpage.
- Always-on connection.
- Support for the following operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, MAC OS X.