Spring Check Out - Closing Procedures
Tuesday, May 28th - Summer Transition Day from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. Students staying for summer school must be moved and checked out by 10:00 a.m.
Students planning to attend summer classes at California State University, Sacramento may apply for On-Campus housing by completing the On-Campus Housing Application Licesne Agreement for Summer 2013.
Spring Move Out!
Halls Close on Friday, May 24, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- SPRING MOVE-OUT FLYER
- Room Layout Diagram: Traditonal Hall Room and American River Courtyard - Suite
- Check Out Instructions
- Important Notes
- Late Stay Request
- Questions Regarding Room Charges - Damage Charge List
- Donation Items
- Quiet Hours
- Rented Refrigerator Return
- Trash - Where To Dispose of Trash
- Attend your mandatory building/wing meeting! You will receive important closing information, hall check-out procedures and how to avoid damage/cleaning charges.
- You must schedule a check-out appointment by Thursday, May 16th. Appointment times are posted by your RAs door.
- All personal items must be removed from your room/suite. Check all drawers and closets.
- Clean and vacuum thoroughly. Wipe down all surfaces including drawers, shelves and closets. Vacuum under couch cushions. Arrange furniture in the proper order and return bed deck to its original height.
- Cleaning supplies, furniture diagrams, and extra trash bags and a list of recommended cleaning supplies will be available at the front desk.
- Remove all trash to appropriate outside dumpster or trash chute. Do not leave trash/personal items in the hallway or trash room.
- Your room key and access fob must be returned at the time of your check-out appointment. Charge for an unreturned key or access fob is $30 each.
- In the AMC, all suitemates are responsible for the common space cleaning and/or charges. The last suitemate out will complete the common space check-out with the RA.
- Complete all items listed on your check-out form prior to your appointment. It will help check-out go more smoothly.
- Update your current address with the University. This can be done online through your My Sac State account. Any mail that is received on your behalf will be forwarded to the current address on file with the University.
- Reconcile any outstanding Housing debts promptly (i.e. rent/board, damages, etc.) at the Cashier’s Office in Lassen Hall. Outstanding charges can be viewed on your My Sac State account.
For information on damage and cleaning costs, as well as more detailed information on closing procedures, please visit our website at www.csus.edu/housing. If you have any other questions, please contact your hall staff.
- Your RA completes the initial room assessment and verifies your check-out.
- The RA does not apply charges, nor do they make any decisions about charges. The RA only notes the condition of your room.
- Your Residence Life Coordinator applies room/suite charges after you move out based on the Room/Suite Condition Report.
- If you are requesting to stay past 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 24th due to extenuating circumstances you must meet with your Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) for approval by noon on Tuesday, May 21st.
- This includes graduating seniors, summer housing staff, international students, athletes, residents that are helping with commencement ceremonies, etc.
All room charges will be posted to your University account by early June and must be paid promptly. Please remember that any past due charges will result in a University hold on your records. This hold will affect the release of your grades and your summer and/or fall registration, etc.
- If necessary, you may call the Housing Office beginning June 7th to request a copy of your Room/Suite Condition Report showing damage charges.
- Questions or appeals regarding room charges must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals made by telephone will not be considered.
- Deadline: Appeals for charges must be emailed by June 28, 2013.
- Items such as old computers and televisions should be disposed of properly in e-waste receptacles located in each building.
- Please donate any unwanted clothing, shoes, purses, belts, linens and stuffed animals to the California Clothing Recyclers. The charitable donation bins are located in the lobby of each building.
Extended Quiet Hours
- Sunday, May 12th through Saturday, May 18th, begins at 7:00 p.m. daily.
24 Hour Quiet Hours
- Sunday, May 19th through Friday, May 24th.
- Courtesy hours are 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily
RENTED REFRIGERATOR RETURN - (Click to View Flyer)
RHA and Collegiate Concepts will be on campus to receive your rented refrigerator or Micro Fridge on Thursday, May 23rd, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Housing Quad.
- Make sure you defrost, clean and dry your refrigerator or Micro Fridge!
- For more information, contact RHA at email@example.com, or if you rented a Micro Fridge from Collegiate Concepts you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Traditional Halls residents are to take trash and recycle to the dumpsters behind their buildings.
- American River Courtyard resident, please take trash bags and flattened boxes to the dumpsters located in the Interior Courtyard
- Please DO NOT LEAVE any trash outside American River Courtyard chute doors.
- Identified trash left in the hallways may be assessed and charged to the resident involved!
If you have questions, see your Resident Advisor, Hall Manager, or Residence Life Coordinator.