Employee Assistance Program FAQ
1. Am I eligible for the EAP Program?
- Any active employee of California State University, Sacramento; University Enterprises, Inc.; Associated Students, Inc & Capital Public Radio, Inc. is eligible for services. Additionally, any person who is permanently residing in the employee’s household and individuals who qualify as dependents for federal income tax purposes are eligible.
2. Can I use “Release Time” from work in order to seek EAP services?
- In most cases, upon approval, an employee undergoing treatment may use accrued sick leave, CTO, and vacation leave credits for such a purpose. Review your Collective Bargaining Agreement for specific details.
Unit 1 - Article 14, Section 7
Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 - Article 21, Section 29
Unit 3 - Article 24, Section 10
Unit 4 - Article 19, Section 10
Unit 6 - Article 25, Section 17
Unit 8 - Article 22, Section 1
Unit 11 - Article 20, Section 5
3. Are EAP Services Confidential?
- MHN abides by state and federal mandates governing confidentiality. Any information you reveal will be protected according to the limits of the law. A statement describing MHN’s policies and procedures for preserving the confidentiality of medical records is available and will be furnished upon request.
4. How Much Do I Pay for Services?
- There are no co-payments, co-insurance, or deductible payments, and you will not be liable to an MHN Participating Practitioner for any fees covered by your EAP services in the event MHN fails to pay the practitioner or under any other circumstances. If, however, you desire additional services not covered by the EAP or choose a practitioner who is not part of MHN’s network, you will be responsible for their payment.
5. Who Can I See Under the Plan?
- MHN’s EAP services are provided by psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, marriage family therapists, masters level counselors and other professionals who have a contract with MHN to provide EAP services (“Participating Practitioners”). Referral and prior authorization are always required for EAP services. MHN only provides an EAP referral to one of its Participating Practitioners.
- If you have questions regarding any of MHN’s Participating Practitioners, or you would like a list of Participating Practitioners located within your geographic area, you can call MHN at 1-800-535-4985. You may also view and print a list of MHN’s Participating Practitioners via MHN’s website at www.MHN.com. MHN’s roster of Participating Practitioners is subject to change. Although MHN updates its website on a weekly basis so that the information includes only practitioners currently available to service members, MHN cannot guarantee the initial or continued availability of any particular Participating Practitioners.
6. How do I Access Services?
- Call toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week: (800) 535-4985
- TDD callers, please dial: (800) 327-0801
- Online: members.mhn.com
- Company Code: csus