Del Norte Hall 3009
Telephone: (916) 278-6326
Fax: (916) 278-7850
Office Hours: M-F 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Closed for lunch, noon - 1 p.m.)
Campus Zip: 6032
Submit A Suggestion
Employment is responsible for the coordination of personnel policies and programs in recruitment and employment matters for staff in accordance with collective bargaining agreements. The unit provides support to University administrators on employment matters concerning staff; administration of temporary employment staffing services; administration of the staff performance evaluation system; and employment orientation of new staff.
Sacramento State encourages applicants from every race, gender, color, ethnicity and national origin, as well as veterans and the disabled, to ensure that all qualified individuals have an equal opportunity for employment at the University.
DUE TO THE EXTREMELY LARGE VOLUME OF RECRUITMENT REQUESTS RECEIVED AT THE END OF THE CALENDAR YEAR, THE OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES, EMPLOYMENT SERVICES HAS ESTABLISHED SOME IMPORTANT YEAR-END DEADLINES FOR RECRUITMENT REQUESTS AND HIRING DOCUMENTS FOR MPP AND STAFF.
- Friday, October 24, 2014 – All position descriptions need to be received by your respective HR- Classification Rep for review and approval in order for Program Centers to meet the November 14 deadline noted immediately below.
- Friday, November 14, 2014 - All recruitment requests need to be entered into CMS and electronically approved through the Vice President level.
- Monday, November 17, 2014 - All process summary hiring documents, with appropriate signatures, must be received by the Office of Human Resources, Employment Services. We anticipate that receipt by this date will allow for employee start dates of December 15 (see below) or early January.
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014 - Last posting date for Staff/MPP employment vacancies for this calendar year.
- Monday, December 15, 2014 - Last new employee orientation for all Staff and MPP for this calendar year.
The Office of Human Resources, Employment Services will post the last Staff/MPP employment vacancies for this calendar year on Wednesday, December 3, 2014. This will allow for a minimum two week posting period and a closing date of Wednesday, December 17, 2014, which is just prior to the winter break. We will resume posting Staff/MPP employment vacancies in January 2015.
All position descriptions need to be received by your respective HR-Classification Rep no later than Friday, October 24, 2014 to allow time for review and approval in order for Program Centers to meet the November 14 deadline
All recruitment requests need to be entered into CMS and approved through the Vice President level no later than Friday, November 14, 2014 to allow HR time to review the materials and meet the posting deadline of December 3, 2014.
In addition to the recruitment request and posting deadlines we will also hold the last new employee orientation for all Staff and MPP on Monday, December 15, 2014. All process summary hiring documents must be received by the Office of Human Resources, Employment Services no later than Monday, November 17, 2014 in order for review to take place and job offers to be made and finalized for a December 15, 2014 or earlier start date.
Any process summary documents received after November 17, 2014 will be reviewed and job offers made with post January 1, 2015 start dates.
If you have any questions about the deadline for submission of position descriptions please contact your respective HR- Classification Rep. ( Nikki Parker or Linda Robles). Questions related to all other deadlines please call the Office of Human Resources, Employment Services at x86326, 9am-4pm M-F.