MPP Employment Process
PLEASE NOTE: APPROPRIATE VICE PRESIDENT MUST CONSULT WITH THE PRESIDENT BEFORE THE SEARCH PROCESS BEGINS
Please also review the MPP Search Process Guidelines.
Is there anything additional that needs to be done once the Automated Request to Advertise has been submitted?
What happens to my recruitment request after I submit the Automated Request to Advertise?
- All positions for which you intend to recruit are to be submitted via the Automated Request to Advertise in PeopleSoft HR/SA. Effective November 9, 2009, hardcopy requests to advertise for MPP positions will no longer be accepted.
The following materials must be submitted as electronic attachments with the Automated Request to Advertise:
- Request for Exemption form
- MPP Position Description form
- Organizational Chart (current)
- Screening Criteria (must be supported by the required/preferred qualifications for the vacant position).
- Interview Questions (must be supported by the duties and responsibilities of the vacant position) in draft format if available.
- Reference Check Questions (must be supported by the duties and characteristics of the vacant position) in draft format if available.
- Background Check Worksheet – Review the Criminal Background Check Process and Guidelines for additional information regarding this requirement.
- A copy of the advertisement(s), if the position is to be advertised in a newspaper/journal or on other websites. The advertisement(s) will be reviewed and approved by the Manager of Employment in the Office of Human Resources. Departments may utilize their Procurement Card for the placement of job advertisements. Departments that do not have a Procurement Card may access the Procurement website to get information on how to request a Procurement Card.
Forms can be obtained on the HR Forms page. For complete instructions please access the Automated Request to Advertise User Guide. If you have not received training on how to use the Automated Request to Advertise you may utilize the on-line tutorial. Navigation in CMS HR > Automated Recruitment Request > Create a Recruitment Request
- Complete the “Request to Advertise CMS User Access” form and submit to Information Resources Technology at campus zip 6065.
- After submitting the Automated Request to Advertise please send an original and 3 copies of the “MPP Position Description Form” with all appropriate signatures to Human Resources – Employment Services, campus zip 6032. Please arrange for an Organizational Search Committee Meeting. This meeting should include all search committee members, the supervisor of the vacant position and the Manager of Employment from the Office of Human Resources. Please refer to the MPP Search Guidelines for specifics.
- When a Recruitment Request is submitted the Approval Process will be initiated. The process is a set of electronic approvals starting with a Department Review, Dean/Program Center and/or VP approval, continuing on to the Budget Office and the Office of Human Resources.
- Approvers will receive an email notification containing the Recruitment Request ID, the Posting Title and a direct link to the Recruitment Request Approval Page.
- Once the Recruitment Request has been approved at the Department/Dean/Program Center/VP levels it is sent to Human Resources
- The Recruitment Request will be reviewed by Human Resources to ensure the submission is complete, accurate and all required approvals have been provided to fill the vacancy.
- The Recruitment Request is then sent forward to the Classification Unit for review and assignment or approval o a classification title.
- The Recruitment Request then moves on to the Budget Office for confirmation or assignment of a CMS position number and review of funding information.
- Following the completion of the above steps the Recruitment Request goes back to Human Resources for the posting information entered by the Requestor to be reviewed and approved. Departments may be contacted if there are questions related to any of posting information submitted.
- When the approval process is complete, an e-mail notification will be sent to the original requestor.
- The Office of Human Resources/Employment will post the vacancy announcement on the MPP/Staff jobs website.
- If you have not received training on how to use the approval process for the Automated Request to Advertise you may utilize the on-line tutorial.
- Navigation in CMS HR > Automated Recruitment Request > Recruitment Request Approval Process
- If you do not have security access for the approval process please complete the “Request to Advertise CMS User Access” form and submit to Information Resources Technology at campus zip 6065.
- Departments should plan on a minimum of one to two weeks before the position is advertised.
- Items that may impact the length of time to advertise a vacancy are:
- Clarification and/or revisions to be made to posting information.
- Required Presidential approval on the Request for Exemption form submitted with the recruitment request
- A new MPP position requires a thorough review to determine MPP appropriateness and administrative level. This may impact the speed at which a position can be posted.
- If there is to be an advertisement in a newspaper or journal adequate lead time must also be coordinated with the actual dates the position is advertised on-line.
- One of the objectives of the Organizational Search Committee Meeting is for the committee members to review the interview questions and reference questions to be used in the process once agreed upon by the search committee. These items are to be sent to the Manager of Employment in Human Resources for review and approval. Once approved, the Office of Human Resources will grant the contact person and all search committee members access to the on-line applications.