Staff Application Process
Thank you for visiting the California State University, Sacramento staff employment web site. Sacramento State encourages applicants from every race, gender, color, ethnicity and national origin, as well as veterans and the disabled, to ensure that all qualified individuals have an equal opportunity for employment at the University. The following quick links will take you to the specific topic on this page
- Directions to campus
- Important Application Information
- Office Hours
- Phone Numbers
- Vacancy Listings
- Vacancy Posting timelines
- Jeanne Clery Disclosure - Crime Statistics Information
Office of Human Resources
Del Norte Hall 3009
6000 J Street
Staff Employment Office
To be considered as an applicant for a position at California State University, Sacramento the following procedures must be followed:
- All applicants must apply through Recruiting Solutions, our on-line application system. No hardcopy applications will be accepted.
- Sacramento State DOES NOT accept unsolicited applications/resumes. They will NOT be considered, retained or returned.
- All applications must be submitted via the on-line application system no later than 11:59 P.M. (Pacific Time) on the closing date for the position.Positions that are open until filled will not have a filing deadline.
Position Vacancy Posting Timelines: New position vacancies are usually posted each Wednesday. Positions remain open for the receipt of applications for a minimum of two weeks. In the event a position is advertised as "open until filled," that vacancy will remain available for application for a minimum of two weeks. After the initial two week period, applications will continue to be received until the position is filled.
- Visit the Sacramento State Employment Opportunities web page.
- External applicant please click on Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State. Please click on the Instructions link for full details on the on-line application process for external applicants.
- If you are an internal applicant please click on the My Sac State link. Please click on the Instructions link for full details on the on-line application process for internal applicants.
The Staff Employment Office at Sacramento State is located on the East side of campus on the third floor in Del Norte Hall, Room 3009, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, California 95819-6032.
From Highway 50 heading West, take the Power Inn/Howe Avenue exit, cross Howe Avenue at the top of the ramp, and enter College Town Drive (directly across from the exit ramp). Continue on College Town Drive & make a right on State University Drive East. Follow State University Drive East to Lot 2.
From Highway 50 heading East, take the California State University, Sacramento exit (the first exit past the 65th Street exit.) Take a right on Hornet Drive and a left on College Town Drive. Continue on College Town Drive & make a right on State University Drive East. Follow State University Drive East to Lot 2.
Parking: Parking is very limited on campus and tickets are issued for illegal parking so it is critical that you park only in appropriate spaces. Del Norte Hall has two "30-Minute Parking" spaces available, they are in Lot 2. Those are the only legal spaces in that lot and the only free parking in close proximity to Del Norte Hall. You may purchase daily parking passes from the kiosk (machine accepts $5 and $1 bills and silver coins). If you have any questions regarding where to park or how much parking costs, please go to the Information Booth for assistance or call 278-7275.
If you require disabled parking, please call 278-6326 to make arrangements prior to coming to the University.