Christopher J. Castaneda
|Office:||Tahoe Hall 3094|
Tuesday 1:30-4:30; and by appointment
|E-mail:||cjc [at] csus [dot] edu|
Department of History
- HIST 17b: U.S History, 1877-Present
- HIST 164: History of American Capitalism
- HIST 165: American Environmental History
- HIST 203: Public History Principles and Techniques
- HIST 282c: Oral History Seminar
- Spanish and Cuban cigar makers in Brooklyn, NY.
- Pension fund investment policies.
- Energy history: natural gas pipeines.
"Natural Disasters in the Making: Fossil Fuels, Humanity and the Environment," OAH Magazine of History (2011) 25 (4): 21-25.
Dedication. Vision. Heart: The CalPERS Story (The History Factory, 2007).
Keeping the Promise: A History of the California Department of Justice (Sacramento: California Department of Justice, 2006).
Edited a themed issue of Journal of the West on the topic of Energy in the West. (ABC-Clio: Santa Barbara, 2005).
"Natural Gas Pipelines and the National Historic Preservation Act," The Public Historian (Winter 2004) 26 (1): 105-21.
Natural Gas Comes to Iowa: What it Meant when the A-Line Arrived. Privately published booklet for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the Iowa State Historic Preservation Office for Section 106 compliance. December 2002.
Invisible Fuel: Natural and Manufactured Gas in American History, 1800-2000. (New York: Twayne Publishers, 1999).
Builders: Herman and George R. Brown (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1998). Co-authored with Joseph A. Pratt.
Offshore Pioneers: Brown & Root and the History of Offshore Oil and Gas (Houston: Gulf Publishing, 1997). Co-authored with Joseph A. Pratt and Tyler Priest.
Gas Pipelines and the Emergence of America's Regulatory State: A History of Panhandle Eastern Corporation, 1928-1993 (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1996). Co-authored with Clarance M. Smith.
From Texas to the East: A Strategic History of Texas Eastern Corporation. Co-authored with Joseph Pratt (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1993).
Regulated Enterprise: Natural Gas Pipelines and Northeastern Markets, 1938-1954 (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 1993).
- American Historical Association
- American Society for Environmental History
- Business History Conferen
- California Council for the Promotion of History
- National Council on Public History
- Oral History Association
- Western History Association
Last updated: 09/15/2012