Description. Use of information technology (IT) as management resource. Focus is on management decision-making related to telecommunications, data-bases, system development, and decision support systems. Use of technology to reengineer the business organization. Prerequisite Classified graduate status; not open to MSBA/MIS students (register for MIS 270).
| Class Notes | Exams | Assignments
| Home ]
Textbook: Information Systems Management in Practice, 7th edition, by Barabara McNurlin and Ralph H. Spragure, Jr. Prentice-Hall (2006), ISBN: 0 13 185471 2.
Syllabus (updated Sept. 25)
School of Business Administration Add/Drop Policy Please read.
- Exam 1 (updated: Oct. 12)
- Final Exam (updated: Nov. 23)
- Week 1 Intro - partial recovery (updated:
- Week 2 Labor Day (no class)
- Week 3 Leadership. This file is
approximately 4.3 MB (updated: Sept.
- Week 4 Leadership, strategic planning,
e-business models (This file is approximately 3.5 MB (updated: Sept. 19)
- Week 5 Planning,
Strategic IS Planning, IT architecture and
infrastructure (updated: Sept. 26)
- Week 6 IT architecture and infrastructure,
communications infrastructure, information management (updated: Oct. 3)
- Week 7 Information management, IT operations management (updated: Oct. 10)
- Week 8 Outsourcing, IT operations management, systems development, IT project management (updated: Oct. 17)
- Week 9 IT Project management, decision and
- Week 10 Supporting knowledge work (updated:
- Case study (updated: Oct. 18)
Groups and businesses
Presenters' Scorecard (updated: Nov.
Discussant's Scorecard (updated:
Get Adobe Reader