MIS 500B Outline
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Problem statement - Explicitly state the problem that you see with current methods and/or practice. This statement should be specific and narrowly focused.
Note. Your problem statement forms the basis for your study. When vague or too broad, your study will have very little meaning.
- Objectives of the study - Explicitly state how your paper will address the problem(s) (i.e., what your study will produce to resolve the problem). Your objectives must be linked to your problem statement
- Research questions and hypotheses When applicable, state how you are going to support your objectives. Your research questions and hypotheses must be linked to your problem statement and objectives.
- Justification for the study
- Organization of the study
Chapter 2 - A Review of the Literature
- Everything in this chapter should be linked to supporting your problem statement, objectives, and research questions and hypotheses. Essentially, you are providing evidence to support the relevance and validity of your study, and form your foundation.
Chapter 3 - Methodology
- Proposed model
- Research design
- Analysis methods
- Research sample
- Data collection
Chapter 4 - Results
- Analysis of results - This should be directly linked to your objectives in Chapter 1.
- Test of hypotheses - This should be directly linked to your hypotheses in Chapter 1.
- Discussion - This should be directly linked to your discussions in Chapter 1.
Chapter 5 - Conclusions
Minimum 50 pages (chapters 1-5 only)
- Research summary
- Practical implications
- Limitations of the study
- Future research