This section provides easy access to course communication
tools. If you are new to electronic communication you might
want to review
guidelines on courtesy, common sense, and general rules
concerning language use and abuse. Students enrolled in the
course will need to subscribe to the class
Listserv/Listproc (discussion group).
Group discussions using
(Conferencing on the Web) require a separate logon name and
password which will be distributed via e-mail. The Online
Meetings are scheduled CHAT sessions (synchronous,
real-time communication where everyone's words appear on the
computer monitor). To use CHAT you will need to download the
appropriate software for your computer. Refer to the UCCS
Web page at
to download the software.
I encourage electronic communication and
office visits. Refer to my home
page for scheduled office hours.
"Virtual office hours" through electronic mail and the
class discussion list, (LISTPROC) are
- Student names, email addresses and introduction
paragraph. Students could fill out an
survey for posting in this section.
- Links to student Web pages that could include student
- Self Assessment Tools -
- Obtain an e-mail account and Internet access.
- Learn e-mail, Internet and file management basics.
- Search for
discussion lists in a related topic and join one or two.
- Join the class discussion list by sending an e-mail
with the message: subscribe
email@example.com your firstname
lastname. For further information refer to the
- You will receive a message welcoming you to the class
- You can now address a message to all participants in
the list by sending an e-mail message to
- When you reply to message from the list, remember
they are going to the entire list not just to the person
who sent the message.
OVERVIEW / CALENDAR / INSTRUCTOR / RESOURCES / SYLLABUS / COURSE
DEPARTMENT / CSUS
Page updated:January 20,