College of Education
Department of Teacher Education
|T (916) 278-7442
F (916) 278-6643
| Sacramento State
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6079
Joyce Dibble is a part-time faculty member in the College of Education's Department of Teacher Education and has 25 years of full-time high school experience teaching science. Joyce recently reinstituted and is chair of her school's technology committee. As a member of her district's web site committee, she helped select a new content mangement system and is the web master at her high school. She is also the technology coordinator at her school and an elected member of her school's leadership committee. In addition to her committee work, Joyce continues to teach high school science full-time.
A Sacramento State alumna from back in the day, Joyce is committed to the professional development of teachers through the fusion of technology, teaching, and learning.
- EDTE 233 Teaching Problem-Solving with Educational Technology (Fall 2007)
- EDTE 234 Curriculum and Staff Development with Technology (Spring 2008)
- EDTE 280 Fundamentals of Online Pedagogy (Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Spring 2008)
- EDTE 281 Tools and the Curriculum (Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Spring 2008)
- EDTE 283 Staff Development and Presentation Applications (Spring 2007, Fall 2007)
- Dibble, J. (2008). Make It Easy to Use and They Will Use It: Increasing District-Wide Communication Using a Web-Based Content Management System, Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2008 (pp. 2933-2937). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Dibble, J. (2005). Connecting ChemCom to the Web. In C. Crawford et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2005 (pp. 3644-3649). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Make It Easy to Use and They Will Use It: Increasing District-Wide Communication Using a Web-Based Content Management System, Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference, Las Vegas, NV., March 4, 2008.
- School World Teacher Module Training. Staff Development Training, San Juan Unified School District, Rio Americano High School, Sacramento, CA. August 15, 2007
- Basics of Blogging: Personal and Classroom Applications. CapCUE Conference, Rosemont High School, Sacramento, CA. October 21, 2006
- Connecting ChemCom to the Web. Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference, Phoenix, AZ., March 4, 2005.
- Push-Button Publishing for Teachers: Using Online Publishing Tools to Improve School to Home Communication, California State University, Sacramento, May 14, 2004.
- Expanding teacher use of Internet resources to support and enhance learning in the classroom.
- The effect of simulation software on student motivation and memory retention.
- Open source software programs for education.
- Building online communities of practice for teacher educators.
- California Technology Assistance Program (CTAP) EdTech Network
- Sacramento Computer Using Educators Association (CapCUE)
- Society for Information Technology in Education (SITE)
Last updated: 03/06/2008