From this unit onward, all readings in this schedule must be completed by the day under which they are listed. This requirement is assessed via TRAs, homework and End-of-Unit Challenges throughout the semester.
CAUTION: I reserve the right to make revisions to on-line materials prior to their discussion in class at the relevant point in the semester. Therefore WAIT until that time to print out materials you wish to have on hand, such as terms, excerpts and assignment guidelines.
Asia, Cultural History, & Team-Based Learning
|Wed, Sep 4||
personal introductions & open inquiry: "what is learning?"
review of this course content site
|Mon, Sep 9||
"Start of Term Survey"
(1) review of personal learning goals & collection of individual student details for team formation
(2) take trial Team Readiness Assessment (TRA)
(1) PRINT question #7-13 from "Start of Term Survey"
and ***BRING TO CLASS***
(2) STUDY key concepts in these overviews for the trial TRA:
(3) OPTIONAL--> READ the Introductory Scenario & BROWSE on-line information regarding Hmong shamanic traditions:
|Mon, Sep 16||
trial Application Exercise (ApEx),
Q & A re: homework for the Application Exercise
|Wed, Sep 18||
trial End-of-Unit Challenge
REVIEW & STUDY TERMS & EXCERPTS from the Reading Guide in the **ONLINE** primary sources (click links below to access) for the trial End-of-Unit Challenge:
STUDY TERMS marked with asterisks (*) in the reading guide using these **ONLINE** EB & course overviews (click links below to access):
WARNING: make sure that you use these links to access EB; going through the library's database page may lead to different material, which will likely confuse you when preparing for TRA.
CONSIDER additional materials for OPTIONAL trial Extra Credit (*20 points*)