G. O. "Geo" Graening, PhD
|Office Hours:||By Appointment|
|Office Phone:||(916) 452-5442|
|Mailing Address:||Sacramento State
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6077
6124 Shadow Lane, Citrus Heights, CA 95621
- [no active links to these courses]
- BIO-1: Biodiversity, Evolution and Ecology
- BIO-160: General Ecology
- BIO-279: Conservation Biology & Wildlife Management
- BIO-294F: Seminar in Zoology
- BIO-299: Problems in Biological Science
- Click here for the entire list of pubs & to download articles
- The Cave Life of Arkansas and Oklahoma. 2011. University of Oklahoma Press.
- Journal Peer Review. Served as a peer reviewer for: Journal of the American Water Resources Association (2002); Journal of the Arkansas Academy of Science (2010); Journal of Cave and Karst Studies (2011, 2013); Environmental Biology of Fishes (2009-2013); Nature Knowledge (2010); Oxford University Press, text review (2012); Speleobiology Notes (2013); Biodiversity and Conservation (2013).
- Conservation biology
- Groundwater ecology / Zoogeography and conservation of subterranean organisms
- The Subterranean Institute
- CSUS Field Biology Club
- CSUS Campus-wide Bioinventory of Plants and Animals
- Visit the website of my environmental consulting firm -
American Cave Conservation Association (2000, 2011); American Fisheries Society (1998–2000); American Society of Agricultural Engineers (1985–1986); American Water Resources Association (1999–2004); Arkansas Academy of Science (2001–2006); California Academy of Sciences (2009–present); California Native Plant Society (2005–2010); California Stormwater Quality Association (2006–2008); Ecological Society of America (1999–2001); International Erosion Control Association (2006–2008); International Society of Arboriculture (2003–present); International Society of Biospeleology (2004–present); National Speleological Society (1998–present); Oklahoma Academy of Science (2005–2008); North American Benthological Society (1997–2000); Pacific Coast Entomological Society (2009–present); Sacramento Tree Foundation (2004-2010); Sigma Xi: the Scientific Research Society (1999); Southwestern Association of Freshwater Invertebrate Taxonomists (2010-present); Southwestern Association of Naturalists (2003–2008); The Nature Conservancy (2001-2004); The Wildlife Society (2007-2008); Western Cave Conservancy (Advisory Board, 2010–present).
Last updated: July 2015