California State University, Sacramento
Week 15: Regional groundwater flow, hydrogeologic terraines
Upon completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Describe regional and deep groundwater flow patterns, including groundwater divides and flow cells
- Identify and describe hydrogeologic systems in other parts of the United States, including the following:
- Glacial buried valley aquifers of the midwest
- Limestone and karst terranes
- Basin and range topography
- California's Central Valley
- Island hydrology
Fetter, pp. 236-278, 283-343
Review for next week's final exam:
- Prepare a new 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" note card with formulas and geochemical data that you will need for the test. You are allowed to bring three of these note cards to the test: the new note card, and your note cards from the previous two tests.
- Review your notes, homework assignments, readings and old test examples (posted here and on the main Geology 127 web page).
2005 final exam 2006 final exam 2008 final exam 2009 final exam 2010 final exam
Final exam: Friday, December 14th, 8:00 - 10:00
Note new time!!!