A. The goals of the Economics Department advising program are to
aid Economics major and minor students in:
1. Planning their academic programs.
2. Learning about career possibilities and course planning for career preparation.
3. Learning about post-baccalaureate study possibilities and course planning for
4. Understanding the value of the University's General Education program and the
relationship of this program to their interests and career objectives.
5. Interpreting and applying University policies.
6. Using University student services and resources.
7. Becoming acquainted with the Department and its faculty.
B. Statement of Policy
1. Each Economics major student shall be required to meet with an Economics
faculty advisor at least once per year. Minor students shall be encouraged, but not
required, to meet with a Department advisor.
2. Advising meetings shall normally be held during the spring semester following
the preparation of the Department's annual schedule of classes.
3. Every tenured and probationary faculty member in the Department shall
participate in advising and shall be assigned a set of major advisees.