Katherine D. McReynolds
M: 10-10:50 AM; W: 1-1:50 PM
| Sacramento State
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6057
- Chem 160a, Structure and Function of Biological Molecules, MWF 9-9:50 AM. SQU 338
- Chem 162, General Biochemistry Laboratory, Discussion: M 1-1:50 PM, MND 3007, Lab: MW 2-4:50 PM, SQU 550
- Chem 294, Seminar in Chemistry, F 1-1:50 PM, SQU 338
- B.S. Biochemistry, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (1994)
- M.A. Chemistry, The University of Arizona (1996)
- Ph.D. Chemistry, The University of Arizona (1999); Mentor: Dr. Jacquelyn Gervay-Hague; Dissertation title: 1. Development of a Novel ELISA for the Testing of Glycobioconjugates as Anti-HIV Agents. 2. Synthesis of Potential Inhibitors of the HIV Entry Mechanism. 3. Probing the Secondary Structural Characteristics of Oligosaccharides Utilizing Circular Dichroism.
- Bank of America/Giannini Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Davis (2000-2001); Mentor: Dr. Frederic A. Troy
- CSUS Provost's Research Fellow, 2013-2014
- CSUS President’s Award for Research and Creative Activity, 2010-2011 (http://www.csus.edu/research/funding/pa/index.htm#recipients)
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Outstanding Scholarly and Creative Activities Award, 2010-2011
- T.H. Cheng Outstanding Chemistry Teacher Awardee, CSUS Department of Chemistry, 2001-02
- Bank of America-Giannini Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medical Research, 2000-01
- Carl S. Marvel Fellowship Awardee, The University of Arizona Department of Chemistry, 1998-99
- Recipient, The University of Arizona Dean’s Fellowship, 1998
- Mid-Career Fellowship, The University of Arizona Department of Chemistry, 1996
- McReynolds, K.D.; *Dimas, D.; *Le, Hoang A. Synthesis of Hydrophilic Aminooxy Linkers and Multivalent Cores for Chemoselective Aldehyde/Ketone Conjugation. Tetrahedron Lett., 2014, 55, 2270-2273.
- ^Clayton, R.; ^Hardman, J.; LaBranche, C.; McReynolds, K.D. Evaluation of the Synthesis of Sialic Acid-PAMAM Glycodendrimers without the Use of Sugar Protecting Groups, and the Anti-HIV-1 Properties of These Compounds. Bioconj. Chem. 2011, 22, 2186-2197.
- *Patane, J.; *Trapani, V.; *Villavert, J.; McReynolds, K.D. Preparative Production of Colominic Acid Oligomers via a Facile Microwave Hydrolysis. Carb. Res. 2009, 344, 820-824.
- McReynolds, K.D.; Gervay-Hague, J. Chemotherapeutic Interventions Targeting HIV Interactions with Host-Associated Carbohydrates. Chem. Rev., 2007, 107(5), 1533-1552.
- McReynolds, K.D. Glycobiology: How to Sugar-Coat an Undergraduate Advanced Biochemistry Lab. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ. 2006, 34(5), 369-377.
- Conboy, J.C.; McReynolds, K.D.; Gervay-Hague, J.; Saavedra, S.S. Quantitative Measurements of Recombinant HIV Surface Glycoprotein Gp120 Binding to Several Glycosphingolipids Expressed in Planar Supported Lipid Bilayers. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2002, 124(6), 968-977.
- McReynolds, K.D.; Bhat, A.; Conboy, J.C.; Saavedra, S.S.; Gervay-Hague, J. Non-natural Glycosphingolipids and Structurally Simpler Analogs Bind HIV-1 Recombinant Gp120. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2002, 10(3), 625-637.
- Conboy, J.C.; McReynolds, K.D.; Gervay-Hague, J.; Saavedra, S.S. Gp120 Binds Cooperatively to Several Biologically Relevant Glycosphingolipids: Quantitative Measurements at Equilibrium Using Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy. Angew. Chemie Intl. Ed. Engl., 2000, 39(16), 2882-2884.
- McReynolds, K.D.; Gervay-Hague, J. Examining the Secondary Structures of Unnatural Peptides and Carbohydrate-based Compounds Utilizing Circular Dichroism. Tett. Asymm. 2000, 11(2), 337-362.
- Gervay, J.; McReynolds, K.D.; Oehrle-Steele, O.; Gregar, T.Q. Chirality studies of carbohydrate-based oligomeric materials: what does circular dichroism mean? Polymer Preprints (American Chemical Society, Division of Polymer Chemistry) 1999, 40(1), 504-505.
- Gervay, J. and McReynolds, K.D. Utilization of ELISA Technology to Measure Biological Activities of Carbohydrates Relevant in Disease States. Curr. Med. Chem., 1999, 6, 129-153.
- McReynolds, K.D.; Hadd, M.J.; Gervay-Hague, J. Development of an ELISA for Water Soluble Analytes and Direct Comparison of Gp120 Recognition of GalCer with Related Carbohydrate Ligands. Bioconj. Chem. 1999, 10 (6), 1021-1031.
- Szabo, L.; Smith, B.L.; McReynolds, K.D.; Parrill, A.L.; Morris, E.R.; Gervay, J. Solid Phase Synthesis and Secondary Structural Studies of (1?5) Amide-Linked Sialooligomers. J. Org. Chem. 1998, 63, 1074-1078.
- Research in the McReynolds group involves the synthesis of unique hydrophilic linkers, dendrimers and glycodendrimers. The glycodendrimers are being developed as potential anti-viral agents. The research involves both traditional and microwave-based synthetic reactions. An additional area of interest for the group involves the development of ELISA-type biological assays to assess the glycodendrimers for anti-viral activity.
- CSUPERB (California State University Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology, http://www.calstate.edu/csuperb/). Member of the Faculty Concensus Group (FCG, 2006-present, Deputy Chair, 2012-present) and Strategic Planning Council (SPC, 2009-present, Deputy Chair, 2012-present)
- American Chemical Society (1994-present)
- Phi Kappa Phi (2006- present)
- Alpha Chi Sigma Professional Chemistry Fraternity (1992-present)
Last updated: 07/25/2014