Format for EEE Comprehensive Exam -- Written
The written exam will last 2 hours and will
cover core material from
2. The candidate may use reference texts and note materials of his/her choice, along with a calculator.
Passing score is set at 50%. Tentative exam date:
Prerequisite is successful completion of the
The Graduate Coordinator must have an approved
committee of three faculty examiners (see below) by
3. The committee will have 2 hours to ask relevant questions of the candidate concerning the application of concepts covered in his/her elective area of study.
Exam date T.B.
Structure of the committee:
1. Candidates must select at least one faculty member outside of the candidate’s chosen specialty area and at least one from within the area.
committee will be composed of three members, at least two of whom must be
faculty members in the
3. Candidates can nominate committee members, however all committee members must be approved by the Graduate Coordinator.
4. The Committee Chair will be a faculty member in the candidate’s area of specialty.
Questions to be asked:
1. The Committee will furnish the candidate with a list of possible subject areas to be examined.
2. One of the subject areas shall be chosen by the candidate.
1. The majority vote of the three member committee will determine the candidate’s passage of the oral exam. The decision on pass/fail must be based upon the candidate’s performance in this exam.