Word as a Creative Tool
1. Look at the following examples of the poetry of e.e. cummings
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
whistles far and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
when the world is puddle-wonderful
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
2. Download "Pooh Bear". Change prose into poetry:
3. Create your own descriptive paragraph. Turn your descriptive prose into poetry.
1. Listen to two stories by Robert Munsch. Listen for common characteristics in the two stories.
2. What would you add to the table matrix?
3. Read your new Robert Munsch Story. What characteristics does this story have? Be ready to add to the table matrix.
4. Pretend that Robert Munsch has a writing block.
Brainstorm possible topics for help Munsch with his writing block.
More about Robert Munsch
5. Quick write a descriptive paragraph (an idea from our brainstorming) and Word to give Munsch a sample idea for his writing block.
6. For class discussion:
7. What standards does this lesson meet? How can you go "beyond the standards"?
8. Literature, writing and technology powerpoint