Find a company that relies on their web site to generate a portion of their revenue or to promote their business. Assume that company has retained your group to analyze their Internet strategy and execution.
You should include the following analysis in your report and presentation:
1. Describe the company’s business and product line.
2. What do you conclude is the company’s Internet strategy? What do you believe is the purpose of their web site and how well does it fulfill their objectives?
3. Who appears to be the target audience of the web site? How would you characterize that audience? Do you believe they have selected the correct target audience and are they approaching them most effectively?
4. Overall, is the web site effective? Is it designed from the point of view of the user? Is it clear and easy to use? Is it aesthetically pleasing? What could be done to make it more effective? You may wish to show examples of changes you would recommend.
5. What other IS technologies could enhance the effectiveness of this web site or improve the company’s overall business performance?
Do not select one of the most popular web sites. It will be difficult to find much to criticize on those sites. Rather, select a site that provides you with something to discuss in your report. Your assignment will be much easier (and your grade probably better) if you choose the web site carefully.
LET THE INSTRUCTOR KNOW WHICH SITE YOU INTEND TO EVALUATE BEFORE YOU GET STARTED.