Jennie Kaufman Singer, Ph.D.
|Title:||Dr. Jennie Kaufman Singer|
|9:30-11:00 Mondays and Wednesdays|
| Sacramento State
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6085
- Research Methods for Criminal Justice CRJ 100
- Crime and Punishment CRJ 110
- Intro to Corrections CRJ 120
- I was the project director for a report published by the California Sex Offender Managment Board February, 2008.
- I am part of a panel that is presenting research on transience and sex offenders for the American Society of Criminology, November, 2008 in St. Louis, MO.
- I work with the State of California's Sex Offender Management Board doing research with other Criminal Justice faculty members on current issues affecting sex offender and community safety. Our current projects include sex offender housing and the risk of homelessness, recidivism risk and the connection to residency restrictions and transience and other characteristics of sex offenders and a Dashboard that visually depicts the state of sex offender managment in the State of California. The project on recidivism risk involves going into all CA prisons and reviewing the files of sex offenders who have committed a another sexual offense while on parole.
- I am currently working on a chapter on inmate creativity.
- I am interested in the criminal mind, and am constantly reading and studying current information to figure out why individuals commit crimes. My standpoint tends to be psychological by training, and I have special knowledge of risk assessment, psychopathy, personality disorders, and psychosis.
- I am a licensed clinical psychologist with previous experience working in prisons, with parolees, managing a regional mental health parole clinic, supervising clinicians, and in my own clincial practice with children and adults. I have worked clinically with police officers and fire fighters, and have also done forensic court assessments for offenders in various stages of the criminal process.
- American Society of Criminology
- American Psychological Association
Last updated: 07/25/2008