You can design your own project if you like. You will make a proposal
by creating a detailed assignment with the same order of specificity I
have provided for you in the required assignments above. I will then
examine the proposal and 1) accept it, 2) suggest modifications, or 3)
reject it providing reasons for the rejection. Be assured, we will
be able to negotiate a mutually agreed upon project.
You are invited to make a proposal which will have the following components:
1. Rationale for the project; how does it fit into the overall structure and goals of the course?
2. Specific goals of the project; what exactly do you wish to accomplish by doing the project?
3. A detailed time line and plan of activities you will complete to finish the project.
4. A description of the final product that will emerge from your work.
5. Point value of the project (as compared to other assignments in the
course) and explanation/justification of your valuation.