Nutrition and Wellness Class Syllabus
Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. (2002). Nutrition: Concepts and controversies.
(9th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
Diet Analysis Plus 6.0 Window CD-ROM
Upon completion of this class, the student will be able to
1. Identify and describe the role of nutrients in the body and their food
2. Follow each nutrient through digestive pathways, explaining the body's
use and distribution of the nutrients.
3. Identify nutritional requirements during various stages of life and
apply this knowledge to ones own health.
4. Analyze and evaluate his/her personal diet and make recommendations
5. List life cycle, cultural behavioral and life style influences of food
habits and nutritional needs.
6. Relate nutritional aspects of disease prevention or treatments to current
research and news reports.
7. Formulate a working knowledge of nutrition and be able to distinguish
between valid nutrition sources and misinformation.