Food Safety and Sanitation
Educational Foundation of the NRA (2002). ServSafe Coursebook With Exam
Answer Sheet (2nd ed.). Chicago, IL: National Restaurant Association.
Upon completion of this class, the student will be able to
1. Identify and explain the role of microorganisms and emerging pathogens
in food safety,
2. Explain the importance of food safety in residents and foodservice
3. Apply food safety principles in residents and foodservice operations,
4. Develop a basic HACCP plan for a foodservice operation using the seven
steps of HACCP,
5. Discuss the importance and need for infection control in foodservice
6. Identify safety laws and regulations which impact the food industry.