International Visiting Research Scholars
Sacramento State welcomes International Research Scholars (Also known as Exchange Visitors, or EVs) to conduct research.
Visiting foreign scholars and faculty are participants in the "Exchange Visitor Program" regulated and operated by the U.S. Department of State. As a Program Sponsor, Sacramento State is authorized by the State Department to participate in the Exchange Visitor Program. A host of complex regulations limit the conditions and circumstances under which we can invite an Exchange Visitor and severely restrict the activities of the Exchange Visitor and dependents while in the United States.
Please see the following document for detailed information:
EV1 (To be completed by hosting department)
EV2 (To be completed by EV)
Required Supporting documents:
- An official letter of support for the Exchange Visitor from his/her home institution
- Exchange Visitor's Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of Exchange Visitor's diploma or academic degree certificate
- An official copy of the final transcript to accompany the degree certificate
- Photocopy of photo/bio page of Exchange Visitor's passport
- Photocopy of photo/bio page for spouse or children who will accompany Exchange Visitor
- Evidence of funding to support Exchange Visitor's visit. The documentation must meet the minimum requirements (see Part V of form EV2)
- Evidence of English proficiency
Once IPGE receives these forms and supporting documents from the hosting department we will issue an invitation letter and form DS-2019 (“Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status”) that will allow the Exchange Visitor to apply for a visa at the US Consulate in their home country.
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Shigenaga at email@example.com.