The Passport Place @ Sac State


NO Glasses in photo

The International Programs and Global Engagement has opened The Passport Place at Sac State. You can apply for your new passport right on the Sac State campus!

Note: At this time we do not provide photo service in our office. You must bring valid passport photos with you when you apply. 

The Passport Place at Sac State located in the library breezeway inside the Center for International Programs and Global Engagement (see campus map).

Passport applications are accepted between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday. You can contact us at (916) 278-6686 with any questions you may have.

Are you needing to renew your passport? Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center. See instructions below under Form DS-82.

Note: The applications process must be completed in person as no part of the process can be completed by email or over the telephone.

Applying for a Passport

To apply for a United States Passport, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport (which also can obtained in the Passport Place)
  2. Submit Completed Form DS-11 In Person - Library 1001
  3. Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - certified birth certificate (copies are not acceptable)
  4. Present Identification - photo ID (driver's license or military ID)
  5. Submit a Photocopy of the Identification Document(s) (copies can be made by us for a fee)
  6. Pay the Applicable Fee—two checks or two money orders only—NO CASH ACCEPTED (see fee chart below)
  7. Provide One Passport Photo


You will need to bring two checks or two money orders with you, one payable to the U.S. Department of State, and the other payable to Sacramento State.

Passport Fee Payable to the US Department of State

Execution Fee Payable to Sacramento State

Total Fee

US Passport Book
Adults age 16 & over - first time $110 $25 $135
Adults age 16 & over - renewal $110 $0 $110
Minors under the age 16 $80 $25 $105
U.S. Passport Card
Adult age 16 & over - first time $30 $25 $55
Adult age 16 & over - renewal $30 $0 $30
Minors under age of 16 $15 $25 $40
Optional Service Fee
File Search Fee $150 $150
Photocopies $0 $.25 per page $.25/per page
Expedite Processing $60 $60
Overnight Delivery Return Fee (passport book only) $20.66 $20.66

Form DS-11

  • Applying for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time
  • Current U.S. passport is valid but has been lost, stolen or damaged
  • Previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

Form DS-64

  • Used to report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card
  • Submitted with Form DS-11 and supporting documents to replace a previously lost or stolen passport
  • Used alone to report the loss or theft of a passport even if you do not want a replacement passport

Form DS-3053

  • Minors under age 16 Completed by the non-appearing parent
  • Must be notarized within the last 90 days, and must be accompanied by a copy of the non-appearing parent's photo ID
  • Submitted with Form DS-11

Form DS-82

  • To renew an existing, 10-year passport
  • To replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old
  • Only use if current passport was issued less than 15 years ago
  • Only use if name on the application and the previous passport are the exact same (unless you are submitting a legal name change document or marriage certificate)
  • Only if the passport is undamaged and can be submitted by mail with Form DS-82
  • Passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility.Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155.
  • In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope. Form


  • To request a name change
  • To correct data errors (typos)
  • To replace limited-validity passports (if eligible)
  • You may submit Form DS-5504 by mail


Visit the U.S. Department of State's website, or call the customer service line at (877) 487-2778, or contact the Passport Place at (916) 278-6686 or email