The Passport Place @ Sac State
Welcome to the Passport Place @ Sac State!
Traveling abroad and need a United States passport? You can submit your passport application right on the Sac State campus!
The Passport Place is conveniently located in Library 1001 inside the Center for International Programs and Global Engagement (IPGE), directly across the breezeway from the main entrance of the University Library. (see campus map).
Note: At this time we do not provide photo services. You must bring a valid passport photo with you when you apply.
Days: Monday through Friday
Hours: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Do you need to renew your passport? Renewals can be mailed directly to the National Passport Processing Center. See instructions below under Form DS-82.
Applying for a Passport
To apply for a United States Passport, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport (which also can be obtained in the Passport Place)
- Submit completed Form DS-11 in person at IPGE in Library 1001
- Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - certified birth certificate (copies are not acceptable)
- Present government issued Identification - photo ID (driver's license or military ID)
- Submit a photocopy of the identification document(s) (copies can be made by us for a fee)
- Pay the Applicable Fees—two checks or two money orders only—NO CASH ACCEPTED (see fee chart below)
- Provide One Passport Photo
Note: The application process must be completed in person. No part of the process can be completed by email or over the telephone.
Please bring two checks or two money orders with you, one payable to the U.S. Department of State and the other payable to Sacramento State.
Passport Fee Payable to the US Department of State
Execution Fee Payable to Sacramento State
|US Passport Book|
|Adults age 16 & over - first time||$110||$25||$135|
|Adults age 16 & over - renewal||$110||$0||$110|
|Minors under the age 16||$80||$25||$105|
|U.S. Passport Card|
|Adult age 16 & over - first time||$30||$25||$55|
|Adult age 16 & over - renewal||$30||$0||$30|
|Minors under age of 16||$15||$25||$40|
|Optional Service Fee|
|File Search Fee||$150||$150|
|Photocopies||$0||$.25 per page||$.25/per page|
|Overnight Delivery Return Fee (passport book only)||$15.45||$15.45|
- Applying for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time
- Current U.S. passport is valid but has been lost, stolen or damaged
- Previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Used to report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card
- Submitted with Form DS-11 and supporting documents to replace a previously lost or stolen passport
- Used alone to report the loss or theft of a passport even if you do not want a replacement passport
- Completed by the non-appearing parent for minor applicants under the age of 16
- Must be notarized within the last 90 days, and must be accompanied by a copy of the non-appearing parent's photo ID
- Submitted with Form DS-11
- To renew an existing, 10-year passport
- To replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old
- Only use if current passport was issued less than 15 years ago
- Only use if name on the application and the previous passport are the exact same (unless you are submitting a legal name change document or marriage certificate)
- Only if the passport is undamaged and can be submitted by mail with Form DS-82
- Passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155.
- In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope.
- To request a name change
- To correct data errors (typos)
- To replace limited validity passports (if eligible)
- You may submit Form DS-5504 by mail
For Additional Information
- Visit the U.S. Department of State's website
- Call the customer service line at (877) 487-2778
- Contact the Passport Place at (916) 278-6686
- Email: email@example.com