The Passport Place @ Sac State

Welcome to the Passport Place @ Sac State!

Open to the public. No appointments - Walk in only.

The Passport Place is located in the International Programs and Global Engagement (IPGE) office, Library 1001, next door from the Grumpy Mule coffee shop. Parking Structure 3 is the most convenient - parking will require payment at the yellow kiosk (see campus map).

Contact the Passport Place at (916) 278-4888 - Email:


See below for fees, forms and information on photo services 

Note: At this time we do not provide photo services. You must bring a valid passport photo with you when you apply.

Days: Monday through Friday

Hours: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday  and Friday 9:00am - 1pm

Do you need to renew your passport? It can be done in office if:

  • The passport has been expired over 5 years.
  • You are going from a minor to an adult passport.
  • The passport is for a minor.

All other renewals are done by mail directly to the National Passport Processing Center. See i

nstructions below under Form DS-82.

Passport photo service near campus

Applying for a Passport

To apply for a United States Passport, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. Complete Form DS-11: Application For A U.S. Passport (which also can be obtained in the Passport Place)
  2. Submit completed Form DS-11 in person at IPGE in Library 1001
  3. Provide Evidence of U.S. Citizenship - Certified Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate (copies are not acceptable)
  4. Present government issued Identification - photo ID (driver's license or military ID)
  5. Submit a photocopy of the identification document(s) (copies can be made by us for a fee)
  6. Pay the Applicable Fees—two checks or two money orders only—NO CASH ACCEPTED (see fee chart below)
  7. Provide One Passport Photo

Note: The application process must be completed in person. No part of the process can be completed by email or over the telephone.


Please bring two checks or two money orders with you, one payable to the U.S. Department of State and the other payable to Sacramento State.

Passport Fee Payable to the US Department of State

Execution Fee Payable to Sacramento State

US Passport Book
Adults age 16 & over - first time $110 $25
Adults age 16 & over - renewal $110 $25
Minors age 16 & 17 - renewal $110 $25
Minors under the age 16 $80 $25
U.S. Passport Card
Adult age 16 & over - first time $30 $25
Adult age 16 & over - renewal $30 $25
Minors under age of 16 $15 $25
Optional Service Fee
File Search Fee $150
Photocopies $0 $.25 per page
Expedite Processing $60
Overnight Delivery Return Fee (passport book only) $15.89

Form DS-11

  • Applying for a U.S. passport book or card for the first time
  • Current U.S. passport is valid but has been lost, stolen or damaged
  • Previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

Form DS-64

  • Used to report the loss or theft of a valid U.S. passport book or card
  • Submitted with Form DS-11 and supporting documents to replace a previously lost or stolen passport
  • Used alone to report the loss or theft of a passport even if you do not want a replacement passport

Form DS-3053

  • Completed by the non-appearing parent for minor applicants under the age of 16
  • Must be notarized within the last 90 days, and must be accompanied by a copy of the non-appearing parent's photo ID
  • Submitted with Form DS-11

Form DS-82

  • To renew an existing, 10-year passport
  • To replace a limited-validity passport that is more than 1 year old
  • Only use if current passport was issued less than 15 years ago
  • Only use if name on the application and the previous passport are the exact same (unless you are submitting a legal name change document or marriage certificate)
  • Only if the passport is undamaged and can be submitted by mail with Form DS-82
  • Passport renewals do not require a visit to a Passport Acceptance Facility. Renewals can be mailed to the National Passport Processing Center, Post Office Box 90155, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155.
  • In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope.


  • To request a name change
  • To correct data errors (typos)
  • To replace limited validity passports (if eligible)
  • You may submit Form DS-5504 by mail

For Additional Information

back to top