Smart Classroom Training
Welcome to the Smart Learning Space Training page. On this page you will find instruction cards and training information for Smart Learning Spaces. These resources will enable you to learn about the technological equipment available in Smart Learning Spaces and enable you to operate the equipment with ease. Smart Learning Spaces are categorized based on the equipment available:
- Basic Technology: Includes a laptop connection, projector, DVD/VCR player, and screen. May also have an overhead transparency projector.
- Intermediate Smart Technology: Features a smart podium with a control panel, PC and laptop connection, projector, and screen. May also include a document camera.
- Advanced Smart Technology: Features a smart podium with a touch panel control system, PC with DVD player, and laptop connection, document camera, projector, and screen. Upgrades to the learning space environment typically accompany this media type.
- Collaborative Learning Spaces: Features a smart podium with a touch panel control system, PC with DVD player, and laptop connection, document camera, projector, and screen. These learning spaces also include collaborative workstations. Collaborative workstations facilitate small group active learning. These stations include furniture that accommodate flexible seating arrangements, a large monitor, a PC, and both VGA and HDMI laptop cables. Students may use their own device to interact with the large collaborative station monitor or use the collaborative station PC.
Smart Classroom Training Sessions
Smart Classroom Training will be available for faculty interested in learning about the technology available in the classrooms including how to use the Smart Podium, control panels, connecting your laptop, switching between input sources, using the DVD player, enabling Closed Captioning for audio/video containing CC and much more.
Training sessions are available upon request by contacting Learning Space Services at Extension No. 87337, Option No. 1.
The following instruction cards show diagrams and quick instructions on how to use the touch panels at the podiums in Advanced Smart Technology and Intermediate Smart Technology classrooms along with how connect a laptop computer in Basic Technology classrooms. Additionally, instructions for Collaborative Learning Spaces can be found at the following link: Collaborative Learning Space Instructions.
You will also find instruction cards posted in each Basic Technology classroom next to the control panels to guide you in connecting your laptop.
- Advanced Smart Technology TLP 700 Touch Screen Control Panel at Podium
- Advanced Smart Technology TLP 350 Control Panel at Podium
- Intermediate Smart Technology TLP 350 Control Panel at Podium
- Basic Technology MLC-104 Control Panel and MTP-UTAD Laptop Interface
- Basic Technology MLC-104 Control Panel and CIA111 Interface
- Basic Technology MLC-226 Control Panel and CIA111 Interface