- What is the status of my application?
- When is my orientation?
- What do my “To do list” items mean?
- Where do I go for my Financial Aid information?
- How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- How do I accept my admission/perform the Intent to Enroll?
- I’m an applicant and I’m trying to pay fees online but I don’t see an Account Inquiry link in my Student Center. What should I do?
What is the status of my application?
You can check your application status online by logging in to My Sac State and accessing your Student Center. From within the Student Center you will find an Application Status link. If you have further questions beyond what the Application Status page provides, please contact Admissions for additional information http://www.csus.edu/admissions/.
When is my orientation?
You can view available orientation dates by accessing your Student Center and locating the New Student Orientation link. The system will display all possible orientation dates for your major. If you have further questions regarding orientation, please contact the New Student Orientation program http://www.csus.edu/acad/orientation/.
What do my “To do list” items mean?
To Do List items are added to your account by departments such as Admissions or Financial Aid. These are items that need to be completed for you to proceed with your application for admission or financial aid. If you need further details on a particular To Do List item, please contact the department that placed the item on your record.
Where do I go for my Financial Aid information?
Log into My Sac State, access your Student Center and then scroll down to the Finances section to find links related to Financial Aid.*/ <p>Â </p><p><span>Access the Student Center link within My Sac State and scroll down to the Finances section. There you will find a View Financial Aid option which will display any aid that has been awarded. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further details on the status of your Financial Aid.</span></p> /*
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
Typically the Financial Aid process begins by filling out the FAFSA application: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. For further information about applying for aid, please go to https://webapps1.csus.edu/faid_general/process09_10.asp or contact the Financial Aid Office.
How do I accept my admission/perform the Intent to Enroll?
Accepting admission, also known as submitting your “intent to enroll”, is normally an online process which can be performed by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to My Sac State https://my.csus.edu/.
2. Log in with your SacLink Username & Password. (Note: If you do not have a SacLink account, you can create one at: https://www.saclink.csus.edu/saclink/register/register1.aspx.)
3. Select the Student Center link.
4. Select the Application Status link.
5. Select the Accept Admission link. (Note: The Accept Admissions link will only be available if your University Admissions Decision says your status is “Admitted”. If you have questions regarding your admission status, please contact the Office of Admissions http://www.csus.edu/admissions/.)
6. You will be asked to Verify Your Identity by entering your last name and the last 4 digits of your SSN. Enter the requested information and click Submit. (Note: If you receive an error, please contact an Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions to notify them of your intent to enroll.)
7. You will then be presented with “Yes” and “No” options which allow you to indicate your decision to accept or decline admission.
For further information regarding your admission status and the process of accepting admission, you can reach the Office of Admissions at: (916)278-7766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m an applicant and I’m trying to pay fees online but I don’t see an Account Inquiry link in my Student Center. What should I do?
You will not have access to that Account Inquiry link and the CashNet online payment system until you are matriculated as a student. If you do not currently have access to the Account Inquiry link in the Finance section of your Student Center, please contact the department requesting fees from you to determine what other options are available for payment.