Upload Video to Docsoft
Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our Captioning Student Staff by contacting the Faculty Staff Resource Center at 278-6112.
Email us directly at: email@example.com
Here, you can view a video tutorial on how to Upload a Video to DocSoft. However, you can also read the instructions below as well.
Before you upload your videos to Docsoft, you will need to do the following:
- Make sure that your video is in a format that can be uploaded to Docsoft. Review Video Formats for Docsoft.
- Upload your videos/audio files to a the campus media server. If you do not have a media server directory, fill out the Media Server Online Form to set one up. The Media Server provides a safe location to store and stream video from. A short tutorial on how to Upload Your Videos to the Media Server can be found here.
- Video content should be converted to Real Media/Real Video/Real Audio format if you plan on streaming video from the media server. Download the free Real Converter to convert video formats into real video/media. The FSRC has real converter installed at all computer stations.
With Docsoft you can upload a video/audio file along with a text transcript you have created or upload video/audio files on their own. Your video/audio files will be processed within minutes. To begin uploading video to Docsoft:
- Log-in to your Docsoft Account with your username and password (created at registration).
- Click on the Upload AV File Link or Upload button.
- For Speaker Profile, select System Standard.
- For Speaker Vocabulary, select General.
- In the AV File to Upload, browse for the video/audio on your computer.
- Under Additional/Related Text, select None if you do not have a transcript to upload with video/audio file or select Exact Transcript or Related Document if you do have a transcript. (Must be in text .txt format).
- If you selected Exact Transcript or Related Document, under Text File browse for the transcript on your computer.
- Click the Submit button or select the Submit and Add Another button if you wish to upload more videos.
Read the Uploading Video to Docsoft quickguide for detailed steps.