REPRINTS FOR COPYING/PRINTING
You may be able to receive a reprint under the following circumstances:
- Paper Jam
- Toner smears or streaks
- Low toner or too much toner (unacceptable print quality)
- Print sent, but not released (and you were charged)
- Any equipment or system error/Other printer-related defects
There are no cash refunds for photocopying or printing.
There are no refunds/credits for deductions from your service credits.
You are NOT eligible for reprints under the following circumstances:
- Too many pages
- Misspelled words
- Wrong page numbers
- Printed the wrong document
- Printing to the wrong printer
- Anything you could/should have checked first in “Print Preview”
- Any job you could/should have checked the dollar amount for before releasing it
- Print jobs that are under one dollar. This is no longer a limit
If, after reading the Guidelines above, you feel you may be eligible for a reprint, please follow the Request a Refund steps listed below.
- All students are credited with nine dollars in service credit for black and white prints on their OneCard at the start of every semester.
- Charges for prints do not occur until after the service credit has been exhausted.
- The service credit is included to accommodate situations like accidental prints, printer jams or misprints of your documents.
- Any unused portion of the credit does not carry over from one semester to another, nor will it be refunded or credited under any circumstances.
- Note that, at this time, the service credit does not apply to photocopies. These must be paid for by putting additional money on a student OneCard, or by using cash. Prints and Copies are now equivalent in the new PrintSmart system.
- Users who exceed their service credits during any semester will need to put additional funds on their OneCard in order to print. Additional funds can be added to a OneCard at any of the conveniently located Value Transfer Stations (VTS) across campus. More information can be found here: http://www.csus.edu/aba/onecard/MakingADeposit.html
- You are responsible for verifying your print jobs by selecting “Print Preview” before printing.
- You are responsible for verifying the amount you will be charged before you release the print job to the printer. This can be accomplished by swiping your card and finding your job in the list. Highlight the job and look at the details, including the number of pages and the cost, before choosing to print the job.
- You are responsible for making any reprint requests within 24 hours of the problem.
- To request a refund you need to login to PrintSmart Website
- Find the document to request a refund for in the Recent Print Jobs category and click the Request Refund link
- Please fill out the refund request form and press Send. If approved service credits will be put on your account.
- The refunds are handled during business hours and usually take 1-2 business days.