- IRT Division
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer
AIRC Rm 3010 (map)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the 2010 Upgrade, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the IRT Service Desk at 916.278.7337, AIRC 2005.
Exchange 2010 Upgrade
In Fall 2011, Sacramento State will be upgrading the current campus Exchange 2007 Email mailbox Service with an Exchange 2010 Email mailbox Service.
When will the change take place?
The Exchange 2010 Upgrade will take place over 4 weeks, Oct 3, 2011 and continue through Oct. 28, 2011. Your email mailbox will be moved based on the first letter of your last name.
Exchange 2010 Mailbox Upgrade Schedule:
- Week 1 (Oct. 3rd – 7th): Individuals with a last name that starts with A, B, C, D, and E will be upgraded.
- Week 2 (Oct. 10th – 14th): Individuals with a last name that starts with F, G, H, I, J, K, and L will be upgraded.
- Week 3 (Oct. 23rd – 28th): Individuals with a last name that starts with M, N, O, P, Q, and R will be upgraded.
- Week 4 (Oct. 31st – Nov. 4th): Individuals with a last name that starts with S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z will be upgraded.
To see when your mailbox has been upgraded, please view the updated schedule.
What is the impact of the upgrade on the campus?
This upgrade should not even be noticeable, but there are some things you need to be aware of and prepare for:
- During your scheduled week we recommend when you leave work in the evenings that you close your Outlook and/or shut down your computer, this simple step will make the transition smoother.
- If you are still using Office 2003, you may experience problems, and should consider upgrading to Office 2010, or plan to use OWA (https://webmail.csus.edu) exclusively.
- If you are using Office 2010 or are moving to Office 2010, you will have new features. One new feature of Office 2010 is “conversation mode”, this means that by default your email will be organized by subject threads rather than the “date order” you are probably used to. If you would prefer the date order setting, it is relatively easy to change by selecting the View tab and under the Conversations section unchecking the Show as Conversation button.
- If you are using a Macintosh, and you don’t have Office 2011, please consider upgrading immediately or plan to use OWA exclusively. (https://webmail.csus.edu). We do not recommend the use of Mac mail or Microsoft Entourage. Office 2011 for the Mac includes Outlook, and is very similar to Windows Outlook. If you are faculty or staff and using a campus owned machine you may call the IRT Service Desk at 916.278.7337 and request an upgrade to Office 2011.
- If you have issues with your personal computer, the latest copies of Office for both Macintosh and Windows (with the latest email client) may be purchased at the bookstore, or you may use OWA (Outlook Web Access –https://webmail.csus.edu).
- Windows Outlook 2003
- Windows Outlook 2007
- Additional Configurations (POP)
- Entourage 2004 - Server name should be "legacy.saclink.csus.edu".
- Entourage 2008 - Server name should be "legacy.saclink.csus.edu".
- Additional Configurations (POP)
For most students this upgrade should not even be noticeable, but if you are a Macintosh user you will have access to some new features when using OWA in both Safari and Firefox. To learn more about these changes or to get assistance with email navigation please visit the Student Technology Center, AIRC 3007, email@example.com, or 916.278.7337.
What are the correct Email Configuration Settings for my computer, after the upgrade?
Correct Email Configuration Settings for Windows
Correct Email Configuration Settings for Mac
Need additional assistance? Please contact the IRT Service Desk at 916.278.7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits to Sac State?
This portion of the upgrade will support new features for Outlook Web Access (OWA) in a number of major browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer and new Office 2010 features.
Information Resources and Technology | Sacramento State | 6000 J St | Sacramento, CA, 95819-6065 | AIRC Building | 916.278.7337
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.