- IRT Division
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer
AIRC Rm 3010 (map)
Want to Preview the Upgrade?
The upgrade changes will be minimal and don't necessitate formal training but the preview pages below have been constructed as quick, easy guides to highlight the main changes you'll see.
Faculty Preview: New Features Page
Grading Training: Please note that the normal grading overview sessions will still be provided. The Fall sessions are currently planned for around Dec. 13 or Dec. 14.
For further information please contact: Project Email.
CMS HR/SA 9.0 Upgrade Information
In October and November 2011, the campus implemented an upgrade to the Student and HR portions of CMS. This project moved us to the most current version of PeopleSoft, version 9.0.
What does the upgrade look like?
Faculty: Please visit the following link for a preview of the My Sac State and Faculty Center enhancements you will see after the upgrade http://www.csus.edu/irt/acs/upgrades/cms_faculty/.
Students: Please visit the following link for a preview of the My Sac State and Student Center enhancements you will see after the upgrade http://www.csus.edu/irt/acs/upgrades/cms_student/.
Staff: The biggest impact will be on staff, but specifically on those with academic coordinator roles, department HR coordinators, and timekeepers. Please come back and visit this site for continuing updates. We will reach out to you concerning the downtime and training on the upgraded system.
- Please visit the following page for a preview of some of the enhancements you will see after the upgrade: http://www.csus.edu/irt/acs/upgrades/cms_staff/.
- If you are a staff member who currently has direct access to the CMS HR/SA application (via the CMS HR/SA Access link in My Sac State), you will notice some changes to the navigational structure within CMS HR/SA after this upgrade. Please see the following document for an overview of these changes: CMS HR/SA 9.0 Navigation.
Why did we do this upgrade?
We are collaborating on this project in partnership with the CSU Chancellor's Office, who is working with all campuses to migrate to PeopleSoft 9.0 as required by the vendor, Oracle. Vendor support of the current version of PeopleSoft ends in 2012. It is important for our campus to remain on a supported version as this is the only way we can continue to receive updates that allow us to remain in compliance with State and Federal regulations, particularly in the area of Financial Aid. In addition this new version of PeopleSoft will provide improvements, as outlined below.
To learn more about the impact to campus please view the CMS 9.0 Informational Forums PowerPoint.
What are the benefits to Sac State?
Please keep in mind that this is an upgrade to our existing system, not the implementation of a new system, so there will be minimal change. The good news is that we expect that most of our processes will not change at all; however, the new version does provide many enhancements. We plan to introduce a few of them during the upgrade and we will have the basis for additional enhancements later. Some of the enhancements we expect to launch during the upgrade are outlined below:
- Accessibility Improvements - makes the system more accessible to students with disabilities.
- Transcript Enhancements - easier to read, more attractive transcripts.
- Mass Messaging - the ability to send a message to all or a part of your advisees.
- Messages to Wait List - you will be capable of sending messages to the "preferred" email of a student on the wait list.
- Employee Center - new features such as viewing personal information, leave balance, compensation history, etc. will be added.
Project Status: Completed
For more information about the project status visit the Information Technology Project Database and navigate to CMS 9.0 Upgrade.
Information Resources and Technology | Sacramento State | 6000 J St | Sacramento, CA, 95819-6065 | AIRC Building | 916.278.7337
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.