Student Email Upgrade
Beginning August 19, 2013, Sac State student email will be upgraded to more robust cloud-based email services hosted by Microsoft Office 365. Although we anticipate a nearly seamless transition, during this time you may experience brief email outages. Depending on how you access your email you may have to update some settings. This page presents detailed information about the Sac State student email upgrade.
What changes can I expect to see after my email is moved?
- Your email address will be "SacStateUsername@csus.edu".
- You will no longer have to use the longer "SacStateUsername@saclink.csus.edu" email.
- However you can be contacted with either "SacStateUsername@saclink.csus.edu" or "SacStateUsername@csus.edu" and still receive your email.
- Your email storage space will increase to 25GB from 2GB.
- Your email will be hosted by Microsoft Office 365, but still managed by the campus.
What will be the same?
- Your instructors and friends will still contact you by email in the same way.
- You will still access your email through My Sac State.
- You will still use your current Sac State username and password.
How do I access my email from a web browser?
- Visit my.csus.edu.
- Login with your Sac State username and password.
- Click "Inbox" in the "SacLink E-Mail" Channel.
- The first time you login to the new system you will be asked to set your time zone (Pacific Standard Time).
How do I know if I have moved to the new system?
- Log in to My Sac State.
- Under "SacLink E-Mail" click "Inbox".
- After your inbox loads if you see the Office 365 logo in the top-left corner you have moved to the new system. (The Sacramento State logo will be displayed if on the old system.)