- IRT Division
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer
AIRC Rm 3010 (map)
Looking for Training?
CallXPress is very simple to use, and documentation, hands-on training, and online help will be available as desired. Need assistance today? Contact the IRT Service Desk at 916.278.7337.
If you have any comments or concerns about the voicemail upgrade, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voicemail Upgrade Information
In Spring 2011, Sacramento State will be replacing the current campus voice mail system. The current system is outdated so this is a great opportunity to move to a new easy to use system – CallXPress.
Why are we doing this?
The AMES system that Sacramento State is currently using has become old and outdated. Because of this, vendor support is coming to an end and will no longer be available. Fortunately, the new software CallXpress is a great replacement and will allow for improvements in campus voicemail for all Faculty and Staff.
When will the change take place?
The new CallXpress system will take effect starting April 25, 2011. You will use your existing phones, only the Voicemail software will change.
CallXpress Voicemail Upgrade Schedule:
Monday, April 25, 2011: Successfully Completed
- Student Affairs
- Administration and Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- University Union and the Well
Tuesday, April 26, 2011: Successfully Completed
- President's Office
- Center for CA Studies Government and Civic Affairs
- Public Affairs and Advocacy University Counsel
- Capital Public Radio
- University Advancement
- Academic Affairs administration
- SAS/EEP Research Administration
- College of Continuing Education
- College of Arts and Letters
Wednesday, April 27, 2011: Successfully Completed
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Academic Technology and Creative Services
Thursday, April 28, 2011: Successfully Completed
- College of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies
- All other academic areas
- Any other department not mentioned above
What training/documentation is avaliable?
CallXPress is very simple to use, and documentation, hands-on training, and online help will be available as desired.
In-Person Training Schedule: Located in FSRC Training Room, AIRC 3013 (No Registration Required)
- Monday, April 25, 2011, at 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 9:30am - 10:30am
- Wednesday, April 27, 2011, at 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Thursday, April 28, 2011, at 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Friday, April 29, 2011, at 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- IRT CallXpress 8 Quick Reference Aria Guide
- CallXpress Basic Instructions
- CallXpress Aria Online User Training (Fax and Email are currently not available)
What are the benefits to Sac State?
The new CallXPress voice mail system is part of a synergy project with CSU East Bay. Here are some of the benefits:
- Sharing this system with another CSU will bring us new functionality and more redundancy at no additional cost.
- Storage will also be cheaper, so we are able to upgrade you from the 10-day voice mail storage we currently have to 30-days of retention.
- We will also have the ability to associate other devices with voicemail. For instance, the CallXpress voicemail system can notify you by text or email that you have voicemail messages.
- In the future, we may also integrate voicemail with SacLink email.
What is the impact of the upgrade on the campus?
All existing Faculty and Staff phones will be using a new and improved software for Sac State voicemail. If you are a voicemail user, this will affect you.
Where can I get more information on the CallXpress Voicemail Update?
Please visit our new Telecommunications FAQs on the IRT Service Desk website at IRT Service Desk Telecommunications (Voicemail)
Project Status: On Time
If you have comments or concerns about this upgrade, please send them to email@example.com
Information Resources and Technology | Sacramento State | 6000 J St | Sacramento, CA, 95819-6065 | AIRC Building | 916.278.7337
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.