View our online portfolio!
STC & TLC
airc 3007-3008, airc 3012-3013
We are now supporting myeFolio.
The Student Tech Center partners with faculty to support student success overcoming technology related barriers. Using a peer teaching model, the Student Tech Center tutors students in the use of technology so faculty can focus on meeting course learning objectives.
We partner with faculty using various methods. Here are a few:
- Design and teach course specific workshops in your classroom or ours.
- Refer your students to our general workshops offered throughout the semester.
- Present an "Overview of the Student Tech Center" to your class
- Teach your students how to use SacCT (Blackboard) in your classroom or ours
- Tutor your students in the technology and software needed for your class assignments
- Provide large-scale printing resources for students with a direct course need.
Support the STC by adding a description of our services to your syllabus:
The Student Tech Center
The Student Tech Center (STC), located in AIRC 3007, teaches students to use software needed to complete course assignments, provides group collaboration space and prints posters for free. The STC workshops include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, multimedia, and more. In the workshops you will learn how to format documents for APA, MLA, etc.; create charts and graphs; manipulate and analyze data; run statistical procedures; design posters; create webpages, and more! The STC Group Lab accommodates student groups up to 8 people. Group tables are equipped with laptops and large monitors which can be shared among multiple laptops. Group tables are available on a first come, first serve basis.
The STC is open Mon-Thu from 10am to 7pm and Friday from 10am to 3pm. Nooner workshops are held at 12 noon, Mon – Fri and Happy Hour workshops are held at 5:30, Mon – Thu. We are located in AIRC 3007. Go to www.csus.edu/stc to learn about all the services provided for students. You Need the STC!