Classroom and Lab Assistant
Position:: Student Assistant Level II
Starting Salary: $11.00
Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Classroom Assistant is responsible for knowing and upholding the policies and procedures set by Information Resources and Technology (IRT).
- Primary duties include providing information and support to faculty, students, and staff at the University classrooms and computer labs.
- Classroom Assistants must be punctual and have knowledge of the Sacramento State campus layout and organization.
- Other duties include maintaining University classrooms and computer labs; performing inventory of office supplies; distributing supplies to classrooms and computer labs; creating and dispersing publications and postings; answering phone calls; processing Service-now call tickets; operating a copy machine, fax machine and paper shredder; basic AV equipment handling and troubleshooting; and assisting IRT staff with projects as needed.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Experience with My Sac State and SacLink authenticated applications (e.g. OWA, SacCT).
- Experience with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers and FTP).
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Applicants must be dependable, prompt and committed to their job
- Additional qualifications include experience with Windows based networks, and statistical programs such as SPSS for Windows and Statgraphics.
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.