Service Desk Assistant - Student Support
Position:: Student Assistant Level III
Starting Salary: $9.00
Hours: 5 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary duties include providing technical support and assisting with account and password issues.
- Support is provided via telephone, e-mail, chat, and in person.
- This position is responsible for assisting users with My Sac State, SacLink authenticated applications, e-mail, and wireless networking.
- Other duties include preparing user documentation and manuals, and working with AV equipment.
- This position may also prepare and deliver training to students.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with multiple computer platforms and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Macintosh, Windows)
- Experience with My Sac State and SacLink authenticated applications (e.g. OWA, SacCT).
- Experience with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers, FTP, secure POP mail programs).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with HTML and Web page development
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.