Service Desk Tech Assistant - Faculty Support
Position:: Student Assistant Level II
Starting Salary: $14.00
Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary duties include providing technical support and account and password assistance to faculty and staff via telephone, e-mail, chat, and in person.
- This position is responsible for assisting faculty and staff with My Sac State, SacLink authenticated applications, e-mail, and wireless networking.
- Assist faculty and staff with software, hardware, and networking support.
- Provide software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Enter call tickets on behalf of faculty and staff and route appropriately.
- Other duties include preparing user documentation and manuals, and working with AV equipment.
- This position may also prepare and deliver training to students.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with multiple computer platforms and operating systems (e.g. Macintosh, Windows)
- Experience with My Sac State and SacLink authenticated applications (e.g. OWA, SacCT).
- Experience with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers, FTP, secure POP mail programs).
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with HTML and Web page development
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.