Student Tech Center Assistant
Position:: Student Assistant Level II
Starting Salary: $11.00 per hour
Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
The Student Technology Center Assistant works within the IRT Service Center. The assistant is responsible for providing tier-one related IRT support services to Sacramento State students via telephone and in person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt arrival to and departure from assigned shifts.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Open and prepare facilities at start of business and secure facilities at close of business.
- Ensure computer labs are opened and closed per posted operating schedule.
- Ensure computer labs are opened and closed per reservation schedule.
- Assist end-users with the use of University supported hardware and software.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of University supported hardware and software.
- Escalate hardware and software issues to tier-two support.
- Answer telephones and process voice mail messages.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff via email.
- Provide one-on-one support to students, faculty, and staff.
- Facilitate campus orientations and other campus events.
- Enforce University policies and procedures.
- Maintenance and cleaning of University facilities and equipment.
- Create and edit training aids, departmental documentation, and promotional materials.
- Perform inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Work to complete other projects as assigned.
- Maintain scheduling appointments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with multiple computer platforms and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Macintosh, Windows)
- Experience with My Sac State and SacLink authenticated applications (e.g. OWA, SacCT).
- Experience with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers, FTP, secure POP mail programs).
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Experience with tutoring, mentoring, or training is favorable. A working knowledge of SPSS, Statgraphics, Windows Networking, VPN, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, Adobe NDesign, Apple iLife, Apple iWork, Pinnacle, and FTP is beneficial.
General Student Assistant
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Sac State services and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including public speaking and one-on-one tutoring.
- Completion of a University level public speaking and basic computing course, or equivalent desired.
Web Student Assistant
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, FTP, etc.
- Knowledge of campus web policies and procedures.
- Experience creating personal and professional web pages. Completion of a University level web design course desired.
Statistical Software Student Assistant - $13.00 per hour
- Experience with SPSS, Statgraphics, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis business standards.
- Completion of a University level statistics course desired.
Digital Media Student Assistant
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Pinnacle, Apple iMovie, etc.
- Knowledge of media players, format conversion, digital cameras, digital camcorder, projectors, audio equipment, etc.
- Completion of a University level digital media, photography, or design course desired.
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.