Student Assistant Web Developer
Position:: Student Assistant Level III
Starting Salary: $14.00 per hour
Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
This is a student assistant position that will work in the Web Services unit to build and update web page structure and content. The position will provide customer web support to the Service Desk and the campus. Other duties may include creating training materials, documentation and conducting general administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building webpages using HTML
- Build web pages using the Campus Web Content Management System and HTML editors
- Assist various IRT units with training and documentation
- Design and edit printed training and marketing materials
- Fix broken links campus-wide
- Help to edit and clean up the online materials.
- Excellent English verbal communication and writing skills
- Responsible and dependable
- Ability to work well with various people including students, faculty, staff, and high-level administrators
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated, innovative, and shows initiative
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS and web development standards
- Proficiency with Windows OS
- Proficiency with communication software and Internet applications (e.g. Web browsers, FTP, secure POP mail programs)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in advanced web development languages including XSLT, PHP, .NET, Python, etc.
- Proficiency Web Standards and best practices
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of web accessibility requirements and tools
- Knowledge of interactive design principles, standards and theories
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.